Whether you are in the event management and event planning industry or if this function is only a part of your primary business, there are tools that you can use to help you effectively manage your event and manage your business.
The right software can be one of the most important tools you purchase. In the past it was your calendar and planner, crammed full of dates and cryptic notes, that you depended on. Today, management software can eliminate the planner and the cryptic notes. In fact, the right management or planning software can manage nearly every facet of your event.
There is no one size fits all to choosing an event management or planning tool. Your choice of software can be as sophisticated as you can afford or as minimal as you need. In fact, many of the software tools available can be purchased in modules. Your needs are customized for the type of events your are most likely to manage and produce.
If event management software were to be compared to a car, then the market has everything, from the mini to the full-sized Cadillac available to make your event a success and to make your job look effortless and professional. Event management software will help you grow your business with relative ease.
From start to finish, whether corporate event or wedding shower, or whether you are the event planner or the customer, the goal is a smoothly run, professionally managed event. Your event reflects you and your business.
Some software will even mange your catering and equipment deliveries. If that’s what you need, consider making the purchase. Look also for software with an online registration component. Choose one that is user friendly for your attendees and that captures the data you need in an easily traceable and retrievable method.
A few of the event management or event planning software on the market today are listed below. This is merely a sampling of what is on the market, not an endorsement of the product.
- Event Management Software is summed up very clearly in the name and was specifically created to meet the needs of the event planning industry. Event Management Software is available in modules. You decide what you need, then match the need to the specific module.
- etouches is a multilingual software package that is full modules designed for event planners and others who are interested in world class events, even those on a small scale.
- Xing Events is software that encompasses online ticketing and registration. One interesting and very useful aspect of Xing Events is that it allows you to create an online website specifically for your event.
- RegOnline is a cloud-based event planning system that is ideal for meetings, events and corporate travel programs. RegOnline is designed to increase attendance by making registration easier and by incorporating social media promotions. It targets event registration services.
- Eventbrite is one of the popular softwares, particularly for the invitation and registration portion of events. It can be used by anyone, from the sister planning the baby shower to the event planner for a music festival. If you haven’t already explored it for the management potential, it will be well worth it to take a look.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of event planning and event management software. Take the time to do careful research before you purchase or use any system. Ask others in the industry about their experiences with the software you are considering. Many have demos or trial offers.
If you are managing your event internally and decide to invest in event management software or event planning software, choose your software wisely, since it will probably be with you for a while. You many also consider using an event manager who can get the job done efficiently and effectively. He or she will have event management software and other tools that yield the most professional results.